- September 21, 2018
- Posted by: John
- Category: Network Security
Network security is a necessity for any business in today’s day and age. Not only does a lack of or lax network security put your company data at risk for espionage and sabotage, but it also puts your client’s personal and financial information at risk too. Today we’re going to take a look at some of the network security and management services that can benefit your business and keep that sensitive information locked down.
Network Security and Management
What is a Network Security Solution?
If you’re like most small business owners, you’re not quite sure what we mean when we refer to “network security solutions”. The bottom line is that network security solutions are customized solutions that are designed to secure your company networks from unauthorized access to sensitive information. There are numerous elements that make up a network security solution including:
- Antivirus solutions
- Anti-spyware solutions
- Web protection
- Email security solutions
- Backup and Recovery solutions
The Benefits of Network Security and Management
Before we talk about the types of network security and management and how they can help to secure your data, let’s take a quick look at some of the benefits of investing in network security and management.
- Minimized risk of your system succumbing to breaches, attacks, infections, and adware.
- Increased efficiency and productivity
- A properly secured network is more user-friendly
- Compliance with regulatory standards
- Increased client confidence
General Network Security
Here at Tekulus, we offer general network security solutions that are designed to secure your network against various threats. Our specialized understanding of legacy IT, including Windows, Unix, Linux and mainframe environments allows you to get the most out of your business network solutions while protecting sensitive data at the same time.
Whether you utilize an internal network or whether you share a network with neighboring businesses, it’s crucial that you are able to create privacy walls and implement various security solutions to prevent anyone other than those who are authorized from accessing your sensitive information.
Network Security for Your PC
Network security is crucial in keeping your business systems running smoothly, but so too is securing your PC. With the sheer volume of personal sensitive data that is stored on your PC, it’s necessary to lock down your PC security to prevent that information from being unlawfully accessed. While most companies focus their efforts on network and server security, far too many put forth the effort to secure their actual computer systems! Leaving your PC open to access from hackers, clients left alone in your office, or even other employees who share your building, you are once again leaving yourself open to theft of data, sabotage, espionage, corruption of data, and more.
High-Speed Wi-Fi Network Security
If your business depends on a high-speed wi-fi network, it’s imperative that you enforce all network security solutions to keep sensitive information accessible via your Wi-Fi network from being unlawfully accessed. Whether you share a wi-fi network with clients who frequent your business or whether you don’t, as a business you must be able to lock down your high-speed wi-fi network to create a wall around sensitive information while denying unauthorized access to your network.
Network Security and Your Server
Whether you have a dedicated server for your business or utilize a shared server, the security of that server is another crucial part of protecting your sensitive business data from unlawful access. If you don’t put forth the effort to secure your company data on your server, the simple fact is that even a basic level hacker can access information that you have been charged with securing.
VOIP Security Solutions
It doesn’t matter if you run a call center or utilize conference calls to discuss business, the security of your VOIP services is something you should be focused on. Without adequate security, it’s easy for others to eavesdrop on your conversations and meetings where they can steal customer data, proprietary information, trade secrets, and get the inside scoop on your current and planned business campaigns! Securing your VOIP ensures that only those who have been granted access to sensitive data is able to access that data.
How Tekulus Can Help Your Business?
In addition to helping you to implement full network security solutions and managing those solutions, Tekulus offers a range of other innovative business solutions designed to increase your business productivity and ROI while increasing your level of data security to meet and exceed regulatory security standards. These services include:
- Onsite computer support with assistance in data backup solutions, efficiency analysis, cloud service requests and questions, and security solutions.
- Cloud-based services with benefits including cloud computing, lower onsite upkeep and maintenance costs, expert data backup structures, expanded analytics options, innovative data management solutions, and premium security for data protection.
- Data solutions that preserve, protect, and organize your business data.
- Efficiency analysis that provides intuitive results for improved efficiency.
- Technology and telecommunications consulting including analyzing your business and defining networking objectives, developing a detailed plan, and recommending the most appropriate technology solutions.
- Data cabling including cable design, installation, testing, maintenance and repair, and fiber optic cabling solutions.
- Expert backup services to evaluate your backup requirements, recommend appropriate backup solutions, apply the required hardware and software solutions, and training your personnel to support the new backup solution.
- Internet-based application services including turnkey design, deployment, and support.
- Connectivity solutions onsite designed to ensure that you receive your data expeditiously if your connection goes down.
Contact Tekulus With Your Network Security and Management Needs
If you’re not sure what type of security solution is right for you or if your company could benefit from improved network security, Tekulus can help! Pick up the phone and give us a call at 510-592-8530 or drop us an e-mail via our contact page and let us know a little bit about your network security needs by telling us about your business!